AKG D7S Dynamic Reference Microphone W/Switch
The AKG D7 reference dynamic vocal microphone creates the subtle and open sound of a condenser capsule with the powerful resonance of a dynamic microphone. The patented dual-layer Varimotion diaphragm can vibrate unhindered, which results in an extraordinarily crisp and clean sound. The unique laminated material damps high resonance peaks in the frequency response, which in combination with the tight, supercardioid polar pattern enables the D7's outstanding high gain before feedback.
Its mechano-pneumatic capsule suspension and an integrated high-pass filter effectively eliminate handling noise. A precision metal dust filter provides a consistent protection for the diaphragm, ensuring an extra-long life.
“I was recently given an AKG D7 vocal mic to try with Hollie Smith and was stunned. There was just……more of her voice. The D7 is my go to now.” Milo Kerrigan, Front of House engineer for Hollie Smith
"I've now found my preferred single malt in the D7, a microphone that makes me never worry about how I'm sounding at a live show." Jeremy Redmore
- Dual-thickness Varimotion diaphragm provides a subtle and open sound in all frequency ranges
- Highest feedback suppression laminate diaphragm material damps critical resonance peaks
- Integrated hum compensation coil for the cleanest sound
- Precision metal dust filter protects the capsule from sound-changing pollution
- Mechano-pneumatic suspension effectively eliminates unwanted handling noises
- Audio Frequency bandwidth 70 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity 2.6 mV/Pa
- Electrical Impedance 600 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance 2000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern supercardioid
We Also Recommend